Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello Fans!

If you find yourself reading this blog then you are probably a member of my immediate family or else I must say that I am terribly sorry you have nothing better to do with your time.

This is something of an effort to remedy the fact that I am terrible at responding to emails and picking up the phone. Inexplicably some people still seem to be interested in what I do with myself.

I will keep this short in case I don't get it sorted out and feel like I blew half an hour which I will never recover. In the event it works I will make efforts at semi-regular updates most likely pertaining largely to my extracurricular pursuits.

Below I have an up to date photo of yours truly with my loppet beard freshly shaved to a racing beard.


It is a bit of a Ewan Macgregor sort of set up from 'Long Way Round' and has come into being since Christmas break. It took its final shape on Saturday night in an effort to increase the aerodynamics for Sunday's activities which consisted of the Gatineau Loppet. This was an awesome weekend mission with my brother Cam who had flown in from Seattle on Thursday.

The final course layout came in at 49.9 km apparently which I managed to complete in a few seconds over 3 hrs 30 mins in the skating technique. I was quite pleased with this as it was my first ski race and my preparations had been relatively poor. This was due to a number of conspiring factors including being sick the weekend before and not eating much of anything for 3 to 4 days in the early part of the week. For a full report, I imagine that brother Cam will have a comprehensive write up on his blog 'The Adventures of Cameron Charles' at http://cameroncharles.blogspot.com/.

Anyway, if you read this far, I'm rather surprised but I will try to post something else soon.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome T-man! Keep posting when you get a chance, it is super fun to read about what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete